The mission of WomenSource is to compassionately assist women and couples experiencing an unplanned pregnancy by instructing them on all their options, encouraging life affirming options and providing pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, resources/referrals and parenting education to help them achieve the best outcome for them and their baby.
Our Commitment of Care
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions, but we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All our advertising and communications are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- All of our staff and volunteers receive proper training to uphold these standards.
Statement of Services
WomenSource is a nonprofit pregnancy resource center affiliated with TLC Options for Women. We are committed to providing pregnancy-related services in a respectful, caring environment. All our services are respectful of the life of the mother and her baby, born and unborn.
WomenSource does not encourage, refer for, or perform abortions. We do not provide confirmation of a positive pregnancy test for the purpose of obtaining an abortion. We do not provide contraceptives.
All our services are free and available regardless of the client’s age, race, religion, marital status or income level.
WomenSource staff and volunteers are not licensed professional counselors; however, each person has received special training for pregnancy-related concerns. Our free, lay counseling is not intended as a substitute for professional counseling.
Medical Services Provided
Our pregnancy tests are administered by trained volunteers under the direction of our Medical Director and our Registered Nurse. The test is 97 to 99% accurate, but the result of a client’s pregnancy test is not a medical diagnosis. A physician or nurse must confirm the results of the pregnancy test.
Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound
A limited obstetrical ultrasound is only for the purpose of confirming the viability of a pregnancy, fetal heart activity and/or determining gestational age. It is not for the purpose of diagnosing or detecting any medical problem or condition for the mother or the baby.
All information that clients share with us will be kept strictly confidential, except in the cases where required by law.
Non-Medical Services Provided:
- Lay Counseling
- Education about abortion and alternatives
- Education about contraception and fertility awareness
- Gently used maternity clothes
- Formula, diapers and gently used baby clothes every other month
- New baby clothing and gently used baby furniture through our Step Forward client incentive program
- Limited applications for financial aid to assist with pregnancy related emergencies
- Professional counseling (including post-abortion support groups and retreats)
- No cost or low cost prenatal services
- Parenting resources
- Fertility Awareness Instruction
- Legal Assistance
- Food Shelves
- Adoption Agencies
- English as a Second Language Classes
A member of the National Family and Life Advocates.